Sunday, September 4, 2011

TCServer troubles

The TCServer continues to hiccough and otherwise make access difficult. Rather than waste time scrambling, let me shift focus a little and ask everyone to take a look at chapters 1 and 6 of Shirky's Cognitive Surplus. These chapters are all about information design, the information age, and empirical research, but in fun ways (really!). Read "Milkshake Mistakes" and you'll see what I mean.

While you are doing that, I will shift to a more standard reading schedule--you know, where everyone knows what it is we're supposed to be reading before class. What can I say. We tried something and, because of technology challenges, it didn't work. We'll spend Tuesday talking about the readings in general, the assignments, and getting the discussion back on track while you start reading Shirky. My assignments are the reading minimum: feel free to explore more in Cognitive Surplus. I enjoyed the book very much when I first read it, and Shirky has an uncanny ability to articulate things we're all seeing every day but don't have the words to describe.

So let the eServer reviews wait for now. I'll see if I can't figure out what's up with the TCServer.

No comments:

Post a Comment